Monday, February 6, 2012

Holidays at the Olsen House

Holidays are always fun but this year was even better! My parents came out for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year so that made it even more fun! Thanksgiving we have always had a tradition with the Hansen side to go bowling in the morning, have Thanksgiving dinner, and then finish off the night with a movie. I love spending time with my mom's side of the family, I have the best cousins, aunts and uncles and of course my grandparents. Its always a bonus that Austin gets along with them great as well, he fits right in. This year we were in charge of bringing our amazing sweet potatoes that a family in Texas used to make (they are always a huge hit!) regular mashed potatoes and a salad. While skinning the potatoes I asked Austin if our disposal could handle the potato peels and he said "oh yeah" as my mom is sitting there saying "um I don't know". So I go with my husband, lets just say that was a bad bad idea!!!! It clogged our disposal and he and my dad spent lots of timing fixing it. While I had to figure out how to clean my kitchen and finish making all the food. Which if you know me I can't stand a messy kitchen, let alone to leave it messy. My mom helped me clean it up as best we could with using our outside hose to clean the dishes off so at least no food was left to sit in it. Yes, I know I have a problem :)


After this wonderful experience, we headed over to my Aunt and Uncles and enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner and movie. I had the bright idea to go to Walmart at midnight because I had never been.... lets just say I wont do that again. haha But my mom and I did wake up early and go do some early morning black Friday shopping. We then met up with my dad, Austin, and headed to the mall. Kelsi and Simon met up with us there as well. It was a great day and I am very grateful they all came out!!!




Christmas Eve we have a tradition of going over the my Grandparents house on the Hansen side. We do a dinner, little program and open presents. Like I said I love hanging out with the Hansen side so it was a perfect Christmas Eve!


Christmas was very different this year, I have never had so many presents under my tree before! We had EVERYONE's presents under the tree and even on the other side of our entertainment center! My sister had a bright idea to buy a snake... yes you heard me a snake!! My dad is terrified of snakes and so they told him they had to go to Park City to pick up a purse for me for Christmas. Little did he know he was walking into a house where a guy raises snakes! UGH. So Christmas morning my sister brings Lucy (the snake over), I had a hard time with this but she was good and kept it away from me and by the end of the morning I touched her. :)


We woke up Christmas morning and had our traditional Swedish pancakes and then opened presents! It was a great morning. We then got ready and headed to the Westberg Family. I forget how big this family is getting! Or the house is getting smaller? who knows haha But they are always so fun to be around, everyone is always laughing and making fun of each other (in a good way). The Westberg side is very sarcastic... that's probably where I get my sarcastic side. :) I am very lucky to have the family that I do!



After the Westberg family we headed over to Austins mom's house to play games and have dinner. Christmas was different this year, I felt like we had Christmas for like 4 days haha. Ben (Austins step brother) is a pilot and wasn't going to be home until Monday and they wanted the boys to wait to open presents for when their dad was home. We couldn't make it over on Monday and when you come from a big family sometimes not everyone is there all at the same time! But it was great! instead of having Christmas just one day we got to have it 4, couldn't be any better than that.

LOVE the Holidays and I couldn't have asked for a better year for Holidays. I always have a hard time not being home for the Holidays and this year I got to stay home and have both families in one spot!

New Years Austin and I decided to go somewhere! So we went to St. George, haha, but honestly it was amazing! The weather was beautiful and warm! Plus I love St. George and would move there in a heart beat if we couldn't get to Texas soon :). This year has already started out great! First we have had warm weather, hardly any snow and I couldn't be more happy with that!

Salon has been great! We got new owners and they totally fixed the place up and I am so lucky to have a job so close to home! Austin has been busy busy busy! Tax season started up and he is finishing up school to graduate in May and so I am basically a single/widow lady until May 5th! (which is graduation day). He works 8-4 at Overstock, 415-8/9 doing taxes plus school on Tuesday nights oh and don't forget Young Men's. Then Sat he does Book-Keeping for a company in Park City. CRAZY CRAZY!! But I am very lucky to have such a hard working husband, I have had to tell him to calm down because he keeps trying to add more stuff on! He is amazing and I love him so so much!

Best news of all........ MAY 5TH IS GRADUATION AND THEN WE LEAVE ON A CRUISE TO GRAND CAYMAN ISLAND AND JAMAICA!!!!!!! May cannot come soon enough

No comments: